Saturday, January 15, 2011

Scrap That Poetry Farewell

Designing for Scrap That Poetry has been a wonderful experience, but after a year of doing so, it's time to say goodbye.  Well, not really goodbye as I'll still pop in for the challenges when I can :).  I'm grateful to Jennifer for giving me the opportunity and to the design team for sharing their talents with me.


A new inspiration poem just went live, called "New Year".   I decided to focus on the words "new year" and the color white, mentioned in the first stanza.  I remembered my notebook that I hope to fill with journaling over the course of 2011.  I snapped a photo of the open pages and one of my favorite pens and created this layout, comparing the new year to a blank notebook, full of possiblity.


As I sat down to scrap, I knew I wanted to play with orange.  I was going to pair the orange with turquoise or aqua, but it morphed into a very green teal.  And I love that.  The little orange flowers are handmade from vintage seam binding.  I sewed them together, dyed them with Glimmer Mist, pressed them (with a heavy punch that was handy on my scrap table), and finished them with little pearl centers.  The big teal flower is by Prima, also dyed with Glimmer Mists.

I've been having a lot of fun with mist lately, haven't I?  I hope you'll join us for this challenge and enjoy playing with Scrap That Poetry in the future, too.  Enjoy your weekend! Tessa

4 comments:

  1. Awesome photograph and layout Tessa! Love when you make a mask and spray with mist. You are inspiring me to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Tessa, I love how you used that colour como!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful layout Tessa...love the misting but the butter fly is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING Tessa!! LOVE it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!