Friday, June 24, 2011

Designer Friday!

Happy Friday, all!  I'm excited to share with you a new item in the shop, as well as Amanda's beautiful take on it.  First, meet the newest mini sampler at Precocious Paper, Vintage Inspired in Blue:


And here is the stunning piece Amanda created:


Amanda said, "I adore the colours in this mini sampler! I decided to make a framed home decor project with this sampler. I love the soft colours and mix of textures! I altered my frame with a few light coats of gesso and a spritz of glimmer mist. I used cardstock as my background and covered it with a thick coat of gesso, and used an old credit card and a piece of fabric to imprint some texture into the background. I spritzed a little mist onto that also, and then removed some of the colour with a baby wipe. I wanted the mist to rest in the 'grooves' of the background to add a shadowed, distressed effect without giving too much colour to it. 


I then spent a little while playing around with the pieces from the mini sampler. They work so beautifully together, it didn't take long to find an arrangement I was happy with. Then I simply hot-glued it all in place."  I absolutely love this idea.  If you are looking for an inexpensive hostess, house-warming, or really any other kind of gift, this would be lovely! Thank you for the inspiration Amanda :). 

If you would like to pick up the Vintage Inspired in Blue Mini Sampler, you can find it here.  There is also a pink version available, but in very small quantities.  And stay tuned - tomorrow the July Sampler will be revealed and made available in the shop!

Have a great day! Tessa


PS - If you love hair accessories and need something for the upcoming 4th of July holiday, be sure to enter this giveaway going on at Whippy Cake this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. these colors are just GORGEOUS--love it! and the creation is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous items and they look so beautiful all together framed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!