Thursday, November 1, 2012

Gratitude Advent Calendar - GCD Studios

Hello to November! I love this month. It's always one of my favorites, year after year. This time around, we are approaching November and my Attitude of Gratitude project a little differently in our home. To involve my entire family on a daily basis, I made this advent calendar for GCD Studios. You may have seen it in the latest issue of The Paper Cut:


I simply decorated thirty little coin envelopes with the Splendor line and hung them by jute twine from a frame. Each day after school my boys will open an envelope to find a thought on thankfulness and an accompanying activity. Today's thought: "I am grateful for rainy days. Snuggle up with your family and read a good book." I've got pillows and blankets piled up on my bed. As soon as homework is done, it's snuggle time.


I am writing each day's gratitude and activity as we go. That way I can write something specific for the day and include an activity I know will fit into our schedule. Simple. Meaningful. Done :).


I really love the idea of recognizing blessings, expressing gratitude for them, and enjoying those blessings. I hope that at the end of the month my boys and I are more in tune with how much good stuff is in our lives. I think that will set us on the perfect path for December.

Attitude of Gratitude: Day 1 - I am grateful for friends - the women I know well, and the women I am just getting to know. I am grateful for their positive influences. I am grateful for their encouragement. I am grateful for opportunities I have to serve them. I am grateful for opportunities I have to work with them, to learn from them and to grow because of them.

What are you grateful for today? How will you act upon that? Have a good one! Tessa

3 comments:

  1. Lovely idea, this is great!! And it looks pretty as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Tessa! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a simple and elegant idea for an advent calendar! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!