Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mother's Day Corsage - Epiphany Crafts

Between filling orders for the shop, I've been collecting many, many new fabrics for the upcoming Summer update. One in particular just seemed to call to me when I sat down to make my latest Epiphany Crafts project:



I just love the deep coral-pink and the floral print! You can read through the post at Epiphany Crafts here for the how-to. All of the flowers you see here are currently or will be in the shop for the update, June 1st.



I love using my Epiphany Crafts tools to create the flower centers. I used the oval tool and the small round tool here. The settings are spray-painted gold, but the original silver finish they come in is very pretty, too.


As I mention on the Epiphany Crafts blog, making my mom and mother-in-law fabric flower corsages for Mother's Day has become a tradition. I love seeing them wear their flowers with their Sunday best, on Mother's Day and other days throughout the year. And I know my mom is always happy to tell anyone who asks that her daughter made it! You gotta love Mom :).



Have a great day! Tessa

PS - I'm entering this brooch in the Mother's Day Your Way contest, Best Craft/DIY category, found here. It's all about great Mother's Day gifts under $25.00. My brooch came in well under that mark. Wish me luck :).

Edited to add: My brooch received an honorable mention :). See here. Thank you, NerdWallet!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Tessa! I just adore this little pin, its so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! The different styles of flowers fit together perfectly - and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!