Tuesday, July 1, 2014

4th of July Summer Bunting - DCWV

Hello! My favorite holiday - Independence Day - is quickly approaching and I am in full decorating mode! I've decided to revamp all of my 4th of July decor this year. In the past, I've used an antique red, white and blue palette. The white was really ivory, the red was more burgundy, and the blue was navy. I loved it, and still do, but it's time for a fresh change. I like to keep my decor up at least part way into August, so I decided on a palette that is a little bit non-traditional so that it said "summer" more than just "Fourth of July" - real red, bright white, true blue and light blue:



My first project was this garland, made with papers from several different DCWV stacks.



To make this 12 foot long banner, I cut thirty-six total 4x3 rectangles from twelve different patterned papers. Using my scraps, I made ten prize ribbons:



Once you have your tails, secure them to patterned paper circles mounted on scalloped circles. I embellished mine with Prima flowers and DCWV bling.



To assemble my garland, I sewed the pennants and prize ribbons together with white thread, using a sewing machine.



I like the mix of papers not only for their patterns, but also for their textures. The corrugated pieces are my favorite. The other papers are either matte, glossy, glittered or embossed. I love the variety of DCWV textures available!



To find out exactly which stacks I used, and to get more Independence Day decor inspiration, be sure to stop by the DCWV blog today. Have a great day! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!