Friday, July 25, 2014

Be Always Blooming - DCWV

DCWV has a new stack coming out in the next couple of weeks that I'm really excited about called Vintage Essentials. The patterns are all vintage-inspired, such as ledgers, book text, and script. The weight of the paper is my favorite part - it's newsprint! The light weight is perfect for altered projects, and a decoupaged canvas was what I tried first:


You can read about my process at the DCWV blog today, but I basically decoupaged a couple of Vintage Essentials papers to the canvas, used gelatos to add color, and decoupaged some fabric pieces, too.


The fabric is leftover from the embroidery hoops I made for Adlyn's nursery. This canvas will hang in the nursery, too, but probably closer to my wall of artsy/crafty supplies.


Addie's fairly mobile these days, so that Expedit shelf wall is a top priority. I've got the lower shelves figured out, so she can't do any damage to those supplies, but the higher shelves are testing my creativity. I'm loving collecting storage containers in my aqua/yellow/red palette, though!


You can read more about the canvas at the DCWV blog here, and you can find the Vintage Essentials stack at Michaels in the coming weeks. Thanks for stopping by today! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!