Sunday, July 13, 2014

SMASH Sunday - Love My Tapes

Hello! Today I am sharing another page from my couple selfie smash book, the book all about selfies that my husband and I take together. You've seen today's pictures before in layouts, but I wanted to be sure to add these to this smash book because they are in my top favorite pictures of us.



I used a combination of Project Life cards and American Crafts patterned paper. The fabric rose stickers have been in my stash for years (so happy to finally "let go" and use them!). The butterfly (top left), hashtag stamps and "forever" stamp are Heidi Swapp. The striped journaling card and black and white rectangle (top right) are from Scrapbook Circle. The gray flag on the top photo is Elle's Studio. The yellow alphas are Sassafras Lass (I miss them!). The washi tapes are from Love My Tapes.


I tend to go big with washi tape, using bits here and there and everywhere. This time, though, I went for more of a peek-a-boo technique. I saved the washi tape for last as a way to add color in places that I thought needed it. I used two tapes - pink scalloped and aqua hearts - to attach the bottom photo. The aqua brought out the aqua of my necklace in the photo and contrasted with the pink "me & you" card. By layering the aqua over the pink at the top of the photo, I got the benefit of both colors without the pink being too strong.


Over here, I used more of the heart tape to put a contrasting color between the yellow polka dot card and the yellow rose sticker. Because I had used a pink butterfly on the yellow card, the aqua tape was a great compliment and a good way to coordinate with the neighboring aqua-colored card.



Here I used pink scalloped washi tape between layers of patterned paper and a doily. The blue-green leaves of the rose sticker called for the pink tape, again to balance colors and bring out the pink in the patterned paper.


I have to say my favorite part of this page is my title. I don't always add a title, but this was perfect. I cut this phrase out of a magazine awhile back. I "bubble cut" (as my kids say - they learned this term at school for when you cut just slightly outside of the lines instead of on the line) around the letters so that as much of my background as possible could show through. My journaling talks about how we may not have a lot of material things, but we are still richly blessed.


Thanks for stopping by! Tessa

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!